When deciding which CBD oil product is right for you, the first question you need to consider is this: do you want a full spectrum CBD oil or a CBD isolate. Before we explain the differences between these two products, we need to introduce three important facts:
- Cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), the compound that CBD is made from, is just one of the hundreds of beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes found within the cannabis sativa plant.
- Once heat is applied to CBDA, it becomes CBD. There is no Cannabidiolic acid in any CBD product.
- The cannabis sativa plant also contains vitamins and minerals such as beta-carotene, zinc and potassium as well as essential fatty acids such as Omega 3 and Omega 6.
CBD Isolate explained
CBD Isolate means what it sounds like. The cannabidiolic acid is “isolated” from all of the other cannabinoids, terpenes, vitamins, minerals and amino acids. It’s the equivalent of walking into a health food store, strolling right past all of the amazing products on the shelves, and zeroing in on the Turmeric supplement your doctor recommended to reduce inflammation. There’s nothing wrong with CBD Isolate, but in our opinion, it doesn’t capture the full potential of the cannabis sativa plant.
The reason why CBD Isolate is a great choice for some patients is that it ensures that they receive only the non-intoxicating CBD they want.
Full spectrum CBD oil explained
Full spectrum CBD oil is also known as “whole plant” CBD oil for a very good reason – the entire cannabis sativa plant is used in the production of full spectrum CBD oil. That means in addition to the cannabidiolic acid that gives CBD its potency, all of those other beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids are also captured and processed to create a product with more benefits. If we go back to the health food store analogy – in addition to picking up the Turmeric supplement for your inflammation, you also bring home a multivitamin that improves your overall well-being.
The reason why we believe full spectrum CBD oil is the better choice can be summed up in three words: The Entourage Effect. The Entourage Effect is a term used to describe CBD working with all of the other aforementioned cannabinoids, terpenes, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids to deliver more beneficial effects. Here are some of the members of the full spectrum CBD oil entourage and how they can help you:
- Linalool: Linalool is a floral terpene that has analgesic, anti-depressant, and anti-inflammatory effects
- Limonene: This terpene also has anti-depressant effects and can help to reduce acid reflux
- Caryophyllene: Caryophyllene is a spicy terpene with antioxidant effects
- Bisabolol: With its light, sweet floral aroma, Bisabolol has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-irritant effects
- Cannabigerol: Cannabigerol is a cannabinoid with anti-inflammatory properties that is also showing great promise as a cancer fighter
At Curaleaf Hemp, processing the entire hemp plant and capturing all of the beneficial compounds contained within them enables us to create products of the highest quality that are also natural and non-intoxicating. Simply put, we believe “full spectrum” means “full potential,” and we look forward to helping you discover the difference for yourself.