You may know by now that vaping CBD oil is one of the fastest ways to get CBD into your system so you can start feeling relief. When you vaporize CBD oil, the oil is heated just enough to turn into vapor, at which point you inhale it. Doing so allows the CBD to reach your bloodstream 30 to 60 minutes faster than other methods of CBD inhalation or ingestion.
But how exactly is it done? Vaping non-intoxicating CBD oil or hemp oil is not exactly rocket science. At the end of the day, though, it’s a conscious decision you’re taking for your health and wellness, and you don’t want to take it lightly. As such, there are 3 definitive steps you should take before and during the act of inhaling CBD oil through a vaporizing device. Let’s run through each.
Step 1: Choose a tank style or a pen style vaporizer
Traditionally, there are two types of devices used for vaporizing CBD oil—tank style vapes, and pen style vapes. Vape tanks are large, thick, and produce plumey clouds of smoke upon exhale. Vape pens, on the other hand, are small, skinny, and produce comparatively less smoke upon exhale. We at Curaleaf Hemp prefer vape pens to tanks for three specific reasons:
- Carrying convenience. Because vape pens are smaller and more compact, they are easier to transport and store on your person.
- User discretion. Using a smaller device gives users the ability to take discreet hits throughout the day without having to worry about being seen, or making a scene. The lack of large smoke clouds ensures the same level of discretion.
- No e-liquid. Using a vape pen removes the need to continuously buy e-liquid, or e-juice. Chambers within tank style vaporizers contain e-liquid rather than CBD oil concentrate (which you’ll find in pens). E-liquids contain chemicals like propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin, both of which can cause sinus irritation, headaches, and other issues for people sensitive to those chemicals.
Because within e-liquids the CBD oil is mixed with other chemicals, it also takes quite a few more puffs of a tank vape to get the same amount of CBD into your bloodstream that you’d get with just a few hits of a vape pen.
Step 2: Choose a reusable or a disposable vaporizer
Whatever style of CBD oil vape you’ve decided to go with (let’s say for consistency’s sake that you’ve indeed decided to go with a vape pen over a tank), you’re now going to have to determine whether you want to use refillable or disposable. Again, there will be pros and cons to each choice, but we at Curaleaf Hemp stand firmly by using disposable vape pens to vape CBD oil for the following reasons:
- Ready out of the box. Disposable CBD oil vape pens come pre-filled and pre-charged, so there’s no need to put in any prep before taking wellness into your own hands.
- Lower price. Disposable vape pens are cheaper out of the gate than reusable vape pens. Especially if you’re unsure whether or not vaping CBD oil is going to be your preferred method of administration, the price point makes disposable the safer and more noncommittal option.
- Less risk of chemical inhalation. We mentioned the risk of using e-liquids due to chemical inhalation. Reusable vape pens represent the same risk in the form of metal inhalation. With continued usage, the heating coil within reusable vape pens can deteriorate and mingle with your CBD oil when you inhale. Disposable vape pens allow you to steer clear on the dangers associated with gradual wear and tear.
Step 3: Establish dosing, draw, and inhale
Because of the non-psychoactive nature of CBD, “taking too much” CBD oil does not rise to the same level of danger as taking too much THC, or too much cannabis proper. That said, you should always start off cautiously when establishing the CBD dosage that’s right for you. 20-30 milligrams is a good place to start—you should feel free to adjust this based on your weight, the level of pain or anxiety you’re treating, and your body’s reaction to the dose.
If you have vaporized CBD oil before, you know that drawing on the pen or tank vaporizes the CBD oil, while actually inhaling allows you to get it into your system. Leaving time for a full inhale after you draw on your pen or tank will ensure that you experience the full effects of the CBD oil you’ve vaporized.
Vaporizing CBD oil is one the most effective, immediate, natural, and safe methods of self-administered pain relief. If you’re interested in using a CBD vaporizer to experience wellness, check out our full lineup of on the go, fully disposable vape pens for a variety of mood states.